Sim Racing Experience: Logitech DFGT

Hello petrolhead all over the world!

People say, if you can't make it into racing, just try racing sim. It doesn't need to be Nissan Academy level, though. As long as you have decent racing wheel and supportive system and game, you can feel what is it like to be a racer. That's at least what I felt some days ago, together with my friends.


Saturday night April 23rd 2016, around 9pm. I visited my friend, Cep Goldia who shares the same interest about motorsport. Together with some other friends, we did many things, mainly related to motorsport things. I was so excited because for the first time I got opportunity to talk about sport that I favored since almost 13 years ago. It was quite far from my current living area, around 1 hour trip by bike. For that reason I decided to camped at his house ^_^.


My main reason camped at Cep's house was to try Logitech DFGT, a perfect steering wheel for you to feel the sensation of racing/ driving. Before starting the game (I played rfactor on that picture), it is needed to configure the wheel, using Logitech's controller driver. By not doing so, rfactor couldn't recognize that wheel. There was no preset also in the setting, so that you need to install the driver first.

I tried some racing mods such as Formula E, FIA GT3 2010, and also F1 2016. For a newbie in racing sim like me, it was quite exhausting to master the control. It was also added the fact that I can't drive real car. Nevertheless, I kept trying and finally I could do it better even though there were still some spins, understeers, and oversteers. Shifting stick felt too small for me, so I used two small buttons behind the wheel to emulate paddle shifts. Not as comfy as Logitech G29 though, but I felt it quite enjoyable.

I also tried this wheel on Gran Turismo 6 on Cep's PS3 system. It took me only 2 laps to master it. After that I realized that different sims come with different treatment. There was almost no spin or oversteer when I played the latest installment of Polyphony Digital. I think I might save myself some money to purchase this racing wheel in the near future :p


That's it my little experience with Logitech DFGT Steering Wheel. Once again guys, if you do want to feel the sensation of racing, yet no time to concentrate yourself into professional racing, you should just buy this wheel. Last time I checked it was under IDR 2 million (USD 200) for the secondhand condition. Rather than risking yourself by doing illegal racing as well, go grab this wheel! 




Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment